Substituting W Coconut Oil Baking With Coconut Oil Instead Of Butter?

Baking with coconut oil instead of butter? - substituting w coconut oil

Hello,

I have a cookie recipe that calls for 2 cups / 4 sticks butter, coconut oil, preferring to use in the recipe. I know many people use coconut oil as a substitute. Logic tells me that is 2 cups butter 2 cups of coconut oil equivalent, but I do not know if there a specific formula to determine how much oil should I use? I do not know moist or crunchy cookies!

Incidentally, I have two "normal" oil and coconut press cake (coconut oil tastes or W) ... I do not know if it matters, but I went into the flavored oil to use.

Thank you for your help!

2 comments:

puddiebl... said...

To replace vegetable oil, while to melt the amount of oil as in the recipe, the oil of coconuts and make sure that the other ingredients (eggs, liquid, etc.) at room temperature or at least warm enough to keep plenty of fresh coconut solidifies.

To replace the shortening with a combination 1 / 2 butter and 1 / 2 coconut oil. (In fact, can reduce the amount of coconut oil by 25%, so a recipe calls for 1 cup butter, the use of butter 1 / 2 cup and 3 / 8 cup coconut oil would be. If you want all the coconut oil 3 / 4 cup Use coconut oil work as a substitute for 1 cup of butter.)

Measures which could be tedious, must be measured by the volume as easy, if measured by weight. You will also find that their results aremore consistent.

pinata said...

Hey Bargainmamma,
In the south there are many problems with the oil they use. I was in Spain, Italy, Croatia and Colombia. After a week that my stomach rebelled and my nose. In Europe, they use olive oil in South America with coconut oil. Personally, I substitute butter with sunflower oil, because it almost aromathic. When I smell of butter they need me, took a tablespoon.

We are here in the north, a delicious meal
Kale and Pinkel called. All North Germans are very happy. Even then I substitute butter, sunflower oil. It has been established.
Greetings from Hamburg, Germany
Heinz

Post a Comment